When you've been injured in an accident, the thought of finding and choosing a lawyer may be the last thing on your mind. But if you want to receive the compensation you deserve, it's important to carefully select the right attorney for your case.
There are three key factors to keep in mind when choosing a North Carolina injury lawyer.
1. Does this lawyer have experience handling cases like mine?
You wouldn't go to a heart surgeon for a broken leg, would you? Just as different medical specialists have different areas of expertise, lawyers also have their own focus areas. When meeting with potential attorneys, ask about their past successes with cases similar to yours. If they don't have any relevant experience, it's probably best to look elsewhere.
While no lawyer can guarantee specific results, at The Rodzik Law Group, we have successfully resolved personal injury cases ranging from hundreds dollars to multi-million dollar settlements. While injury cases can share some key similarities, every case is unique and must be evaluate on its own facts. You want to find a skilled North Carolina injury lawyer who has reliable experience handling cases like yours. You can determine if a lawyer is a good fit by scheduling a consultation and asking relevant questions about their background and past cases—ask them about their past outcomes too so you can gauge their success rate in cases like yours.
2. Do I feel comfortable working with this lawyer?
This one may seem like a no-brainer, but it's extremely important—especially since you'll be trusting this person with sensitive information about your case. When interviewing lawyers, pay attention to how well they communicate and whether or not they're able to understand the complexities of your case. If they're unable to answer your questions satisfactorily or make you feel at ease, it's probably best to continue your search elsewhere.
Generally, things to look for in terms of comfort level with your attorney can be broken down into three categories:
- You'll want to choose a lawyer who has experience handling cases similar to yours. Ask about their track record and see if they've won any awards or recognition from their peers. Past successes can easily ease any worries about competence and abilities.
- It's important that you feel comfortable communicating with your lawyer. After all, you'll be sharing sensitive information with them about your case. Make sure they're someone you can trust and feel comfortable talking to.
- Does the lawyer have the resources necessary to properly handle your case? This includes things like a strong support staff, access to experts, and the financial resources to take your case all the way to trial if necessary.
3. Can I afford this lawyer's services?
Let's face it—hiring a lawyer isn't cheap. In addition to hourly rates and retainer fees, many attorneys also charge for things like postage, copying costs, expert witness fees, and so on. At The Rodzik Law Group, our fees on car accidents are only 29% of your final settlement, and only paid at the end of your case. When meeting with potential attorneys, be sure to ask about their fee structure and whether they offer alternative payment options, such as contingency fees.
Regardless of cost, however, a reliable North Carolina injury lawyer is more than worth their fee. Personal injury law is complicated and can often involve a lot of emotions. Having a trained third party on your side to represent your best interests can make all the difference when it comes to your case.
Reach out to Rodzik Law Group for experienced professional personal injury legal services in North Carolina!
Choosing the right North Carolina injury lawyer can mean the difference between winning and losing your case—and receiving the compensation you deserve. Contact our experienced personal injury legal team at Rodzik Law Group today for a free consultation to discuss your case in detail and learn more about how we can help you fight for the justice (and monetary compensation) you're entitled to.